Backlinks are a very common topic among online marketing forums. In the event that you work in SEO, you should use backlinks of some sort. For this article, instead of discussing what we realize about backlinks, let’s discuss some items that lots of people THINK they know but are actually huge myths about backlinks. It really is my hope that you’ll learn something in this posting which can save you hours of work down the road down the road. With that, here is my list of the top five myths about backlinks.
1. To start things off, let’s discuss one of the most common myths about backlinks. Lots of people believe that the more backlinks you have, the better. This is simply not always true! While 5,000 profiles could be good, I would rather have a backlink from a PR7 homepage than 5,000 profile backlinks. All backlinks are NOT equal. Some backlinks are better than others, and it’s always all set with quality over quantity. For example, 250 article backlinks can often be stronger than 5,000 forum profiles because the article backlinks are listed on more relevant pages with your article.
2. A common mistake that I see a lot of people make is they only build backlinks with their website once and then forget about it. Logo erstellen If you are owning a big website, you need to create backlinks regularly. If you just create backlinks once, your website may not last that long in the search engine rankings. Backlinks may get deleted, your competitors may create more backlinks, etc.. You have to create backlinks regularly!
3. Another myth that has recently been in the news may be the idea that using the same anchor text for several of your backlinks is okay. Many people learned the hard way recently with a recently available update that keeping your anchor text the same for all your backlinks might decrease the power of these backlinks. Search engines will treat this as unnatural and may try to limit the effect of the backlinks.
4. Since we are on the main topics anchor texts, another myth that many people believe is that you HAVE to have some kind of anchor text. This is simply not always true. It is possible to still receive some reap the benefits of just a URL address lacking any anchor text. While this might not provide just as much of a boost for a particular keyword, it can help you overall with some of your rankings and potentially improve your rankings for multiple keywords. If someone offers you a free of charge PR3 link with just your URL, jump on it! Anchor text doesn’t will have to be present for an impact!
5. Finally, I’m going to talk about one of the debated topics in backlinking. The theory that to many backlinks will penalize you. Many people swear that is true. From my experience though, I’ll call this a myth. I’ve NEVER had a website that was banned by Google for to many backlinks. In addition, nowhere in Google’s webmaster guidelines do they state that backlinks are a reason behind possibly being banned. Here is something to consider. If to numerous backlinks could penalize your website, what is stopping folks from creating thousands of backlinks to their competitor? Corporations spend millions of dollars on SEO work and making certain they rank at the very top. Is the answer really just developing a few thousand backlinks and hurting their competitor? Needless to say not. Google knows this, and they understand that if anyone could penalize anyone’s site, the internet search engine index will be in serious trouble. You’re NOT likely to get penalized for to many backlinks. The worst case scenario is that the search engines figure out that you’ve created thousands of backlinks, and choose to lower the worthiness of those backlinks leading you to lose the rankings you once had. It may also result in a fluctuation in rankings because the search engines try to figure out where your site ought to be placed. You’re not going to get banned though. Anytime I’ve talked to a person who swears their website was banned for backlinks, I always end up finding something on the website that has been breaking the webmaster guidelines.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this article. Hopefully you have learned a bit from this article. If you are struggling to accomplish your desired rankings, perhaps this short article will help with changing some of your strategies so you can avoid a few of the mistakes you may well be making. Good luck!